Sunday, August 31, 2008

Labor Day a Holiday?

Have you ever noticed that for many Labor Day means laboring? I have. I'm one of those odd balls that just doesn't get the idea of a day off for everyone. (smirk.) Okay, well maybe you don't have to go into work, but does that really mean that you aren't supposed to work at home as well?

I have a capacity to see three days as a prime time to do those distasteful jobs that are always more fun for two. To heck with spending big bucks on a hotel to travel to your fun, why not just playfully torture your spouse or significant other while you put in a new lawn, fix broken plumbing connections or can pickles? Don't the experts say that couples that play together, stay together?

I guess 'labor' and 'fun' depend on your definition. I'm having fun earning my blisters this weekend! Anybody got some ointment?

No comments: