Thursday, August 21, 2008

Thoughts from others about my previous entry

One person thought it was so nuts that she called a local radio station after reading my blog...

The station aired the story (during the evening rush hour). The DJ made a comment saying that the new rule was due to a fear of being sued for injuries.


One other reader wrote the following...

I just read your blog... Are you serious??? The kids REALLY can't run on the blacktop??? That is the single most asinine thing I have ever heard in my life...
I am SO glad that C. no longer goes there to school. As much as that boy runs around, it would just be a matter of days before he got suspended and I started with the school corporation, the newspapers & TV coverage... All hell would break loose, no way would I lay down & let that one happen, trust me...!!!
Then they have the gall to wonder why all the kids are overweight and sluggish... I am completely stunned and outraged, and we are not even there anymore...
Holy smokes...


Also, I have had a few people comment that it is sad with the ever increasing obesity of children. And one person stated, "At least they get recess." Further remarking that they are aware of at least one elementary school that no longer offers recess.

Is that even legal? It's inconceivable to me! Where are these moronic rule makers?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yet another reason to homeschool. No asinine rules. Micah can run up and down the blacktop until he drops from exhaustion... :)