Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What pain?

I am pleased to announce that my odious foundation project was completed last Friday!!! No thanks to the bureaucratic machine that hinders more than helps. In real time, the crew only took 6 1/2 work days to to the job. I was very pleased with the end result. If a basement and crawlspace wall can be beautiful, then these newly redone sections are gorgeous!

I am eager to tie up the remaining loose ends surrounding the project--adjusting a couple plumbing issues that came to light with all the new light and crawlspace access, sculpting new planting beds, planting grass and getting the a/c back in business so I can remove the window a/c units. I figure that is more of the trade off of "you have to take the good with the bad" scenario.

I am currently operating under the impression that having contract work done on a house is a lot like having a baby. It is a BIG PAIN in the rump, but when you see the shiny new results, somehow you just don't care as much about the pain and the memories of the pain will diminish somewhat. Yes, I could be lying to myself, but frankly, I don't care at this point.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the new layout! Much nicer. Did you modify it at all? We should do something in about a month when I have a weekend day free... :)

donna epler said...

Congrats on the completion of your foundation project. Steph says hi!