Monday, February 23, 2009

More Kudos and rejoicing

Today I attended a master gardener association executive board meeting, with the Children's Garden Plan and budget proposal in tow. (The items I have been laboring on this past week.) I presented to the board the design, its purpose and the ballpark figures necessary to complete the project as a whole and...I was actually pleasantly surprised that they decided with enthusiasm to give me money to move the project forward. The paltry sum I had been hoping for in the back of my mind was blown away. I think I was slack-jawed there for a moment or two. Wow. They gave me nearly a third of the total costs. Wow. And in this economy. Triple wow.

So the upshot of this is, the project can get started this spring! And it also means I need to apply for a grant for another part of the funds. Luckily, the Pres. of the Association is more than willing to help me do this--and she has someone experienced in writing grants to give us advice on how to proceed.

So all good. I still can't believe that they like it as much as they say they do. Maybe I don't believe it because it hasn't fully sunk in what it all will mean. This is a huge project. (Slightly under 1/4 acre.) Wild.

No comments: