Saturday, April 25, 2009

Red Letter Day

Yesterday marked a milestone with the Children's Garden Project. I completed laying out all the critical design lines in the 10,000 square foot garden. Granted it's just lines in the dirt, but meaningful lines. It took me less than 12 hours of concentrated work to complete this part of the project. I admit I was selfish and wanted to do this part by myself, but it worked out as most of the MG's were prepping for our fundraising Graden Expo. Even in shades of brown-black soil, I can see the components coming together.

Now, I must set up work days for everyone to come out and help move soil, rake, dig, lay mulch on the paths, and prep for the grass seed to go down in all the grassy areas. Once we start seeing the grass green up, the garden should start to look more defined.

So much to do and coordinate: building projects, plants, bog excavation and lining. The list goes on.

No comments: