Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The List

This January, I have been pretty busy doing a lot of little things that add up to a lot. So since I haven't had a blog entry in a while...how about a summary list to catch you all up.

1. Staying home out of the cold and the snow (mostly) while kids have delays and snow days.
2. Doing the daily unending domestic chores that keep us all moving on with our lives.
3. Finishing a children's garden plan for the master gardener association.
4. Going to a delayed holiday party for nature center volunteers, that was so funny and wild I came home with a goose-egg and a good humor about it.
5. Reading a lot and listening to some books on CD. (Something I, usually, don't do but am finding it useful)
6. Helping both daughters here and there with fund raisers for band and girls scouts.
7. Finishing up little old projects here and there.
8. Getting into the new year by playing with a new Facebook page--at friends' and family urging. (Laughing at my young neighbor telling me her mom is too old at 40 to have a Facebook page.)
9. Finally, loaded my new iPod shuffle with a few favorite albums. I feel accomplished now--after all I have had it since Christmas Day. (eye roll)
10. Volunteering with joy at the Lilly Nature Center--it helps keep the winter blahs at bay.
11. Kicking back of an evening and enjoying the company of my family.
12. Beginning to plot and plan my attack on the yard and gardens for the spring and summer.
13. Trying to decide if I can afford to go see one or more of my friends out West this year. Seriously, I've looked at dates and plane tickets more than half a dozen times since Christmas.
14.Generally, being happily introspective and joyful for all my blessings in this rotten economy.

No comments: